Tuesday, October 8, 2013

bring me forth as pure gold . . .


Last night during prayer groups, my room began something new. In wanting to encourage intentionality in devotions, we daily take an index card and write down something that touched or spoke to us, a special verse, or a challenge from our personal devotions. I was humbled as I heard my roommates share about their walks with God, and what He is teaching them. As I look back on everything that I was shared I can only think about how great my God is. He was using my roommates to speak truth to me, especially when I was withering and dying as one without food and water. One of the things that spoke most to me was about James 1. 

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.  If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

I am in the middle of a trial--a trial in which I feel I can do nothing about it. I feel lost, but I feel encouraged. Knowing that God never wastes a trial, He promises to use everything for good in my life. Why do I doubt Him when I cannot see the end goal? Is my faith so shallow that I cannot rest securely in Him? In writing about the good in trials, this song came to mind by the Getty's.



Jesus draw me ever nearer
As I labour through the storm.
You have called me to this passage,
and I'll follow, though I'm worn.

May this journey bring a blessing,
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With Your likeness let me wake.

Jesus guide me through the tempest;
Keep my spirit staid and sure.
When the midnight meets the morning,
Let me love You even more.

Let the treasures of the trial                                  
Form within me as I go - 
And at the end of this long passage,
Let me leave them at Your throne.


"Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer"
Music by Keith Getty; Words by Margaret Becker
Copyright © 2002 Thankyou Music 


My pryer is that God will continue to chisel away all the rough edges in the ways He wants too, although it will bring pain into my life. In all I do I want to glorify Him. May He continue to refine every aspect of my life.

~A Daughter of the King

No comments:

Post a Comment